Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Closed network

It's surprising to me that the other Doulas in my area are not very welcoming.  I'm not sure if it's because there are so few around here they view each other as competition?  Or maybe, since there are so few and they are spread apart they are just used to not networking with each other?  I've reached out a few times and in a few different ways with NO responses!  To me, it would make sense for all of us to speak and be on good terms with one another.  We would be able to refer each other and provide support. 
On a happier not I ordered some business cards!  I can't wait to start handing them out and hopefully get my name out there.  Next to do on the business end is a website and the LLC paperwork.  As far as my certification process I still have to complete my research paper (I am totally procrastinating) and book my births. 

No comments:

Post a Comment