Friday, May 4, 2012

Prioritizing

So this week (more than most) I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed, I'm sure everyone can relate to this.  This is a busy time of year with Holidays and Birthdays filling up our weekends, along with raising two little girls under 2!  I feel like I'm always trying to find a balance in life.  Being a Mom, wife and budding entrepreneur is running me ragged. 
So...being the organized planner that I am I sat down tonight and made lists!  I made a list for my projects, a list for Corinne's Birthday party, and a list for my Doula certification.  After each list was completed I then redid them in order or priority (don't judge me).  And finally, I combined all three lists into one master list.  When I was done I walked into the kitchen and wrote the first thing on my list on our dry erase board.  I took the rest of the list and tucked safely in a drawer and made a pact with my myself that I will not look at the list until I can wipe my dry erase board clean and I'm ready for the next step.  I have to admit I feel better.  Having things in order with a plan alleviated some of the pressure that I place on myself to be Super Woman and get a million things done at once.  So I'm taking it one step at a time!  
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Such a good idea! im so disorganized and this type of list may really help me get my stuff in order!

    ReplyDelete