Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to my Dad!  This is the second birthday that we have celebrated without him.  I wish I could say that it has gotten easier but it hasn't.  I miss my Father more today than the day he passed.  It would be easy for me to be sad and cranky all day today.  I could spend the day fighting back tears with a smile on my face and telling everyone I am okay.  Or I could spend the day honoring my Father and the life that he lived.  So in honor of my Father's Birthday I am going to enjoy the day with my family.  The girls and I are going to sing and dance to all his favorite songs.  I'll tell them stories about their Grandfather so they will know the great man that he was. 
The passing of my Father has taught me to enjoy every moment of life, the good and bad.  I make an effort every day to live in the moments and not let them pass me bye.  






2 comments:

  1. It really doesn't get any easier. My dad is still with us, but my grandfather, who I was VERY close to, passed away 14 years ago and I am still an emotional wreck every year on the anniversary of his passing. I also have trouble on his birthday. I know my Papaw wouldn't want me to be upset on those days, it just seems like I can't help it! My Papaw was a great musician. He could play piano, guitar, harmonica, and he could sing like an angel! I kind of inherited his talents and love of music so I know he would want me to just play something in his honor and sing to him. But, as I said before, it's hard. Maybe one of these days it will get easier, I just wish I knew when that would be.

    I am stopping in from Voiceboks, and will be doing a review of your blog. I am really liking it so far! I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. Hopefully it will get easier for you soon!

    ReplyDelete